- Susan M. Gallagher, J.D., R.N.
Susan M. Gallagher, J.D., R.N. practices family law at Gallagher Law Office, L.L.C. in the 14 county Metro Area and in greater Minnesota. Susan has practiced law for the past nineteen years and has several decades of experience as a Registered Nurse. Susan is a qualified neutral under Minnesota Rule 114 Family Roster. She works as a mediator, social and financial early neutral evaluator, parenting consultant, parenting time expeditor and arbitrator for family law matters.
From Susan's interview for the Masters of Family Law series on ReelLawyers.com.
Susan is a Minnesota Association for Justice Board of Governors Emeritus. She serves on the Executive Board for the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Minnesota Chapter; the Family Law Committee at the Hennepin County Volunteer Lawyers Network; on the Minnesota Women Lawyer’s Advisory Board; and on the Hospital Review Board for Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center. She is a Master level member of the Warren Burger Inn of Courts. She serves as a mentor to William Mitchell College of Law and University of St. Thomas Law students. Susan has served as a judge for the American Mock Trial Association competitions for the past six years.
Susan is a member of the American Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, Dakota County Bar Association, Hennepin County Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Minnesota Association for Justice, Minnesota Women Lawyers, Hennepin County Volunteer Lawyers Network, and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts. She is licensed to practice before the Minnesota State Courts and the U.S. District Court for the State of Minnesota.
In addition to her professional work, Susan volunteers at her church and at her children’s schools.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Administrative Law (professional licensing)
- Minnesota, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1995
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, June 1993
- B.S.N., University of North Dakota, May 1975
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- 1994, admitted to the practice in the State of Minnesota
- 1995, admitted to U.S. District Court
- Qualified Neutral under Minn. Rule 114 Family Roster, 2006 to present
- Social and Financial Early Neutral Evaluator training, November 2009
- Minnesota Rule 114 Certified Civil Arbitration training, November 2013
- Super Lawyer 2006, 2007
- Hospital Review Board Member, Anoka County Metro Regional Treatment Center, 2005 to present
- Board of Governor’s Minnesota Association for Justice (“MAJ”) (formerly Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association), 2003 to 2013, now Emeritus
- Member, MAJ, 1994 to present
- Member, Volunteer Lawyer’s Network Family Law Committee, 2005 to present
- Chair of Volunteer Lawyers Network Family Law Committee 2009-2010
- Volunteer Lawyer Network, attorney volunteer since 2003
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association, 1994 to the present
- Member, American Bar Association, 2003 to the present
- Member, American Association for Justice, 2003 to present
- Member, Master level, Warren E. Burger Inn of Court, 2008 to present
- Member, AFCC since 2003 to the present.
- Member, AFCC MN 2006 to the present.
- AFCC MN Education Committee, 2010 to the present.
- AFCC MN Treasurer, 2012 to the present.
- Mentor, first year student, William Mitchell College of Law, 2002 to 2006, 2013
- Mentor, first year student, University of St. Thomas, 2003 to the present.
- Chair MAJ Family Law Section, 2000 to 2003, 2008 to the present.
- MAJ Family Law Representative before the Minnesota House of Representatives and Senate, 2004 to present
- Co-Chair MAJ Women’s Section, 2004, 2005
- Chair, MAJ ADR section 2005 to present
- Member, MAJ Legislative Committee, 2004 to 2006
- Member, MAJ Education Committee, 2004 to 2009.
- Member, Minnesota Women Lawyer’s Association, 2002 to the present.
- Minnesota Women Lawyer’s Advisory Board, 2013
- Member, Emergency Nurses Association, 2003 to present
- Crosswalk Leader, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 2007 to 2008
- Planning Committee member, Family Law Institute, 2004 to 2007
- Speaker, Family Law Institute, 2004; 2006
- Speaker, MSBA Family Law section, 2007
- Speaker, MAJ CLE’s 2005 to 2008
- Speaker, Emergency Nurses Association, 2006, 2008, 2010.
- Child Inclusive Mediation training completed May, 2012.
- Chief Steward, American Federation of Government Employees RN Local 1982 -1988
- Chinese language student, Minnesota China Academy, 2004 to 2008